Skirt Steak Salad
Vibrate flavors of crisp citrus & full bodied richness, this weekday dinner option will satisfy your cravings & leave you feeling great.
- 1.5lb Triple C Skirt Steak
- 2 Romain Hearts, quartered longways.
- 1/4 c. Olive oil
- 1/4 c. Persian Lime olive oil from Cardenas (found in our store)
- 1/4 c. Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. capers, chopped
- 1 tbs. Garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbs. mint, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 4 small radishes, sliced thin
- Feta Cheese
- If your Skirt steak is too long for your pan or grill, cut it in pieces that will fit!
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, capers, garlic, scallions, salt & pepper.
- In a bowl or plastic bag pour half of this dressing & add skirt steak.
- Save the other half of the dressing for later
- Marinate skirt steak for 1 hour to overnight in the fridge.
- Place your Romain hearts on a plate.
- Layer tomatoes & radishes over the Romain
- Heat up your cast iron ( or grill!) on medium to high heat & cook skirt steak for 2.5 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove steak from heat and let rest for 4 minutes
- Cut against the grain & lay strips onto your salad
- Pour remaining dressing overtop & sprinkle feta for the final touch.
Slice some Main street Grain bread & pour a glass of red wine to complete this meal. Enjoy a fresh & hearty farm to table dinner.
Made with love by Corie