Spaghetti Squash with Ground Beef and Spinach
Its light & refreshing with a creamy finish. I'm clearly a meat eater but this can be made vegan too! Spaghetti squash gives you the satisfaction that pasta does & is a great way to make a nice weekday dinner!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash cut in half
- 1 lb Triple C Ground Beef
- 1 can Garbanzo beans ( drained and rinsed)
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 shallot, minced
- Few slices of sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbs Scallion olive oil ( Cardenas - its amazing) regular olive oil will work too!
- 2c. spinach
- Fresh thyme ( or rosemary)
- Bean sprouts
- Piave or Parmesan, shredded
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Half a jalapeno, diced
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven 400°
- Cut Spaghetti squash in half, scrape out the seeds & drizzle olive oil on it.
- Place skin side up on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, add a little olive oil in your cast iron & saute shallots, garlic & crushed red peppers
- Once they are soft add thyme and ground beef.
- Brown the ground beef and then add chick peas & stir
- Mix in jalapeno and sun dried tomatoes
- Add spinach and lime juice & stir until spinach is wilted.
- Scrape the spaghetti squat with a fork and season with salt & pepper
- On a large plate or bowl serve ground beef mixture over the spaghetti squash & top with shredded piave (or parmesan) and bean sprouts
Light and soft, this kind of meal always makes me smile & feel so good! Talk about a guilt free dinner, this is it! Enjoy, its different and hearty!
Made with love,