Wild Rice & Sausage Holiday Skillet
A little sweet & a little savory with a bit of a soft crunch & nuttiness. It's not traditional, but it will make a statement on the table. Within an hour you'll have the taste of the holidays on your plate.
- 1lb Triple C Sweet Onion & Garlic Sausage ( Sweet Italian or Hot Italian would be lovely too!)
- 2c. water
- 1c. wild rice, or rice of your choice - rinsed and cooked as instructed.
- 1tbs. Italian seasoning
- 1/2c. green onion
- 1.5 carrots peeled & diced
- 1/2c. chicken broth
- 1/2c. dried cranberries
- 1/2c. chopped pecans
- Fresh Thyme
- Salty Acres sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring 2c. of water & rinsed rice to a boil & cook as instructed.
- Heat up your cast iron skillet ( or your favorite skillet!)
- Remove casing from sausage
- Add sausage & Italian seasoning to your pan & brown it for about 6 minutes.
- Add carrots & chicken broth to your sausage & simmer until carrots soften.
- Add dried cranberries & your cooked rice. Stir mixture to combine.
- Add chopped pecans, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Lastly sprinkle green onions over top & admire this colorful dish you just put together!
Serve with First Field cranberry sauce or put a Triple C Angus Filet on top, it's just lovely! The perfect dish to complete any table this holiday season. Its exactly what Thanksgiving is supposed to taste like! Pour yourself a glass of wine with some fresh cranberries in it & enjoy the coziest time of year.
Made with love, by Corie