Smoked Andouille & Cheesy Grits
Your search for comfort food is over!
If you are looking for a creamy savory meal with a little bit of spice, I am speaking to you! Take 25-30 minutes to prepare this gorgeous meal and crowd around the table with your loved ones.
- 1 c. Grits
- 2 c. chicken Stock
- 1.5 c. heavy cream ( optional)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Himalayan Salt
- Course ground pepper
- 1lb Triple C Smoked Andouille Sausage
- 2 Yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 - 6 Collard greens, chopped
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked
- 1 c. Chicken broth
- A bit of olive oil
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Mix Cajun spice together in a small ramekin & set aside
- Cut Smoked Andouille into 1/4 inch pieces
- Cook your bacon strips until crispy & set aside
- Combine grits chicken stock & cream to a small sauce pan, cover and let boil.
- Lower heat and let simmer until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little cream and mix well if you want to thin it!
- Shred Cheddar and Parmesan, add salt and pepper & stir into Grits.
- Add a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Brown the Smoked Andouille in remaining bacon grease
- Add Onion & Garlic & Cajun Mix; sauté until onions are translucent
- Add collard greens and chicken broth, cover and let simmer until greens are wilted.
- Spoon out grits and top with smoked andouille and greens & pour some of your rich sauce over to complete this beauty.
- If you're anything like me and love you some parmesan cheese, shred some on top and grind some pepper before indulging!
Share your #foodpics on Instagram & Facebook and be sure to tag us! Thank you for helping us grow.
- Corie -