Sirloin Tip Oscar
Oh my, an elegant meal made easy in the warmth of your home. Dry aged sirloin tip & crab meat with fresh brussel sprouts will take all of your worries away.
- Triple C Sirloin Tip Steak, or the steak of your preference.
- 1c. Crab meat ( I used the canned crab from Samuels Seafood)
- Brussel Sprouts ( Or asparagus pairs well with this too)
- 2 tbs. butter
- 3 Egg Yolks
- A pinch of salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2c. butter
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Drain Cab meat and set aside for heating up.
- Trim the ends of the brussel sprouts and place in a pan with a little water for steaming; put them on low heat while you cook your steak.
- Heat up 2 tbs. butter in a cast iron
- Have your Triple C Sirloin Tip at room temperature, salt and pepper both sides ( I always use Salty Acres Salt- you can find this at our store)
- Add steak to the cast iron and cook on each side for about 5 minutes, I enjoy my steaks medium rare so if you want it a little more well done leave on for 7-8 minutes on each side.
- While your steak is cooking, in a small sauce pan add 1/2c. butter for your hollandaise sauce. Bring butter to a slow boil.
- Meanwhile blend 3 egg whites, add your lemon juice & hot sauce.
- Remove Butter from heat and slowly blend in hollandaise mixture.
- Warm crab meat up in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- By now, your steak should be just how you like it, brussels are hot & the hollandaise is ready for serving.
Plate it on up! Make a bed of brussel sprouts, top it with a few slices of your Triple C Sirloin tip ( cut thin against the grain!) Top with crab meat & pour a generous amount of hollandaise on top. Sprinkle with some cracked pepper and a little extra lemon if you'd like and pour yourself a glass of red wine.
Thank you for eating local & I hope you enjoy. If you love my recipes, do my a favor and write a review or tag us on instagram or facebook!
Made with love, by Corie Coles