110 Old Salem Rd Pilesgrove NJ 08098
Please call/text/order ahead and we'll coordinate a pickup time per your convenience(your Ideal pick-up day & time can be requested during the checkout process).
Andouille, Red Beans & Rice
Southern flavors fill the soul. Give yourself about 45 minutes to make this magical 1 pot meal & bring a little southern charm to your dinner table. Red beans and rice are always a satisfying meal when it gets a little chilly out.
- 1lb Triple C Angus Andouille Sausage
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can kidney beans or garbanzo beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1tbs red chili peppers
- 1 tbs Italian season
- 1 tbs chilli powder
- 1/2 tbs. smoked paprika
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 1 c. basmati rice or rice of your choice
- Over medium - high heat, heat olive oil in your dutch oven or deep dish Cast iron or skillet
- Cut Andouille in 1in. size bites & brown for about 4 -5 minutes
- Add onion, garlic & peppers and sauté until soft, stirring often
- Add drained beans
- Add tomatoes, chili peppers, Italian seasoning, chili powder, paprika & stir.
- Add Chicken Broth, bay leaves
- Bring to a boil & then lower heat
- Add Rice let simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is done!
- Cut chives over top & call everyone in for dinner!
I was in New Orleans often while I worked on the Mississippi River & I always love taking myself back there through food! Rich, spicy & full of soul. It's taking a bite into a joyful and comfy culture. I hope you enjoy.
Made with Love by,
Be the first to comment.