Spaghetti Squash & Sausage Bake
Stay cozy with a light, low carb & satisfying one pan dinner. The crispness of the spaghetti squash and the herbaceous rosemary & herb Sausage gives a delightful balance when you take each bite.
- 1lb Triple C Rosemary & Herb Sausage - remove from casing!
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1 c. chopped spinach
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1.5 c. vera pasta marinara sauce ( found in our shop! )
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper, diced
- 2 tbs. Basil Lemongrass olive oil ( or your favorite OO from Cardenas!)
- 1/2 c. Shredded Parmesan - I shred my own - it tastes so much better
- Salty Acres Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Crushed Red Peppers
- Preheat Oven to 400°
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in have lengthwise & remove all seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash skin down on a baking sheet & drizzle with your olive oil & sprinkle some salt
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until tender
- When done, let it cool a bit & with a fork scrape the strands away from skin & set aside
- Remove Rosemary & herb sausage from casing, warm up your cast iron to medium heat & add a little olive oil. Brown sausage for about 7 minutes or so.
- Add onion & garlic and sauté until fragrant
- Add yellow pepper & sauté for another 2ish minutes
- Sprinkle salt, italian seasoning & crushed red peppers to your liking.
- Next add your spinach and stir until wilted
- Then spoon in the spaghetti squash & mix as much as you can! I used a fork to mix because of the strings...it was difficult with a spoon!
- Add Vera Marinara sauce - I chose to use their spicy to give it a little kick!
- Top with sliced tomatoes & shredded parmesan
- Pop your cast iron into the oven for about 8 minutes or until parmesan is melted and a little crispy!
Easy peasy! Pair this with Mainstreet Grains bread & maybe some Moods Apple Cider & you have yourself a beautiful fall dish! Stac (my Mom!) doesn't like cheese & she even loved this!
As always, Made with Love By Corie <3