Boneless Sirloin & Bourbon Sauce
The Sirloin is way too underrated. Tender & juicy, this boneless sirloin satisfied the whole crew... I see you thinking now, did you pour yourself a bourbon since you have the bottle out?
- Triple C Angus Boneless Sirloin Steak
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. Bourbon ( I used Basil Hayden)
- 1/4 c. Brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire
- 2 Tbs. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Local honey
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- About 2 tbs Cornstarch ( enough to thicken it )
- Let Sirloin get to room temperature
- Heat up your cast iron skillet to medium heat & add butter
- Cover Sirloin with garlic salt + ground pepper
- Add to cast iron & cook about 5 minutes on each side
- Remove from heat and let steak rest for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, stir all bourbon sauce ingredients together ( except the cornstarch!)
- In a small sauce pan bring sauce to a boil and then turn it low for a simmer.
- Add cornstarch as needed to thicken your sauce.
- Tip: I always add a little at a time and constantly whisk it until I am satisfied with the thickness. If it gets too thick for you just add some water and continue to stir!
I completed this meal with Adirondack Blue Potatoes, Chinese Broccoli & Broccolini from our friend at Cherry Lane Farms