Bratwurst & Kraut Skillet
One pot dinners, thats my jam! Enjoy a mild & simple dinner that transports you to Oktoberfest! Dedicate 20-25 minutes to plate this up & clean up... will only take you 30 seconds!
- 1 lb Triple C Beef (or) Pork Bratwurst
- 1 lb Sauerkraut
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Bag of Peas - I used shelled edamame because that's what I had!
- 1 Can of Lager (I used Yuengling)
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- Heat your cast iron skillet to medium high heat
- Add all four Bratwurst links to skillet & brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove Brats from pan and set aside
- Add butter & saute diced onions until clear & caramelized
- Add 1/2 can of beer & let boil
- Turn heat down to medium & add Kraut. Let simmer until everything thickens a bit ( about 8-10 minutes)
- Add Bratwurst back to the pan & continue to let simmer until cooked through.
- Add Peas or Edamame & cook until fork tender.
From our Farm to your Table & Soul. Make this meal with love & enjoy with your friends & Family.