Butter & Garlic Steak Bites with a Mint Sauce
A Must Try!! Don't underestimate the tenderness and robust flavor of our "stew meat" (or what we call beef cubes) It's hardy & buttery & I promise it's perfect for a weekday dinner or a nice weekend meal for all your friends to enjoy too! Serve with sautéed Jersey corn and tomatoes with a touch of basil.
- 1lb Triple C Beef Stew "Cubes"
- 2 tbs Butter
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 c. Fresh Mint, minced
- 1/2 c. Belle Mille Olive Oil ( or basil lemongrass from Cardenas)
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- Pepper to taste
- Salty Acres lime salt to taste
- 1 (or 1 1/2) Lime, juiced
- Pat beef cubes dry with paper towels
- Sprinkle salt over them
- Meanwhile heat up your cast iron pan (or your favorite pan) and over high heat braise beef cubes in 1tbs. of butter. Flipping them to brown on each side
- When they have formed a bit of a crust turn heat down to a medium, add 4 garlic cloves and the rest of your butter!
- Simmer until beef is about medium. Depending on your stove I'd say about 3-4 minutes!
- Remove beef from heat & let rest while you finish the mint sauce!
- In a food processor combine mint, olive oil, 4 garlic cloves, lime juice, crushed red pepper, pepper & lime salt. Pulse until mixed well. I always leave it a little chunky! ( If you do not have a food processor you can easily chop mint & garlic and stir in all ingredients!)
- Add more olive oil or lime in you need to! I never really measure anything, just taste as I go!
Slice beef cubes thin & pour mint sauce over them! THAT'S IT!!
As for the corn and tomatoes; all I did was cut some Jersey Fresh corn off the cob & cut cherry tomatoes in half. Sautéed them over medium heat with some butter, topped with a bit of basil & parmesan cheese & it was absolutely delightful.
I always hope you enjoy,
Made with love,