Cajun Beef & Bacon Skillet
Just the right mix for the week. Triple C cajun beef sausage gives you just the right amount of Louisiana spice & y'all, another one pot skillet to make your life easy! Bacon and Beef in one skillet?.... a MUST TRY.
- 1lb Triple C Cajun Beef Sausage
- 4 strips of Triple C Bacon
- 1 c. Rice of your choice
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning (optional)
- Ground pepper
- A big of salt
- Just enough fresh thyme
- Follow the instructions for your rice & cook ahead of time or right when you begin!
- Heat up your cast iron on high heat
- Cut Cajun sausage into 1 inch pieces
- Add 4 strips of bacon to cast iron and cook until crispy, set aside
- Add 1 tsp. olive oil to your pan & add Cajun sausage.
- Cook sausage through & then set aside, about 5 minutes
- Add 1 tsp. Olive oil, onions, peppers, garlic and cajun seasoning
- Stirring continuously for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in Chicken Broth & let simmer for a few minutes
- Add in cooked rice & Cajun sausage & simmer for about 3 more minutes
- Crumble Bacon on top of dish
- Place jalapeños on top for the spice and splash of color!
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Pair this with a Coors Light, sit on the patio & feel your taste buds dance. Local just taste better!