Chicken Fried Steak & Gravy
There is no chicken in this recipe what so ever! Just good ole fried cube steak with a savory gravy. In need of a semi-cheat day? DO IT!
- 2-4 Triple C Angus Cube Steak
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Ground Pepper
- Course Salt
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Grease (use some from cooking the steak)
- A few Tbs. little flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Whisk flour, 1 tsp black pepper + salt + paprika + onion powder + garlic powder + baking soda.
- Whisk milk + tabasco + eggs in a second bowl
- Pat cube steak Dry
- Dunk cube steak into flour mix, then the milk/egg mixture, and then again in the flour mix.
- Add vegetable oil to cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Place no more than 2 steaks at a time in oil.
- Let fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk flour into remaining grease
- Combine cream and milk slowly, whisk constantly until it become the consistency you desire. Add flour for thicker gravy, add cream/milk for a more liquid based gravy.
- Serve when this gravy is smooth and thick
- Pour over chicken fried steak, steam a beautiful veggie and a sweet potato and you have one hell of a dinner.