Dutch Oven Beef Stew
A cozy night in with a warm one pot meal sounds dreamy, right? This hearty dutch oven beef stew melts like butter & is complimented perfectly with a gourmet grilled cheese.
- 1-2lb Triple C Beef Stew (beef cubes from the chuck)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3tbs olive oil
- 1/2tbs. dried thyme
- 2tbs. Worcestershire
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2tbs. Dragonhill farms garlic halves, or 7 garlic cloves minced
- 2tbs. balsamic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1.5tbs tomato paste
- 1 c. dry white wine ( or red wine)
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1in. pieces
- 1lb small potatoes cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Pat beef cubes dry with a paper towel
- In your dutch oven heat 1tbs olive oil over medium-high heat. Add Beef cubes & season them with salt and pepper as they sear.
- Turn beef cubes with tongs to brown them on each side.
- Remove beef & set aside for later
- Add a little more olive oil to the pot & add your mushrooms, saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, balsamic & Worcestershire & stir with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes
- Add tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Toss beef back into the mix & then add wine, beef broth, water, bay leaf & thyme
- Bring to a boil & cover with lid.
- Place dutch oven in your oven & braise for 2 hours
- Remove from oven & add in your vegetables & potatoes & place back in the oven for 1 more hour.
I suggest making yourself a nice 2 cheese grilled cheese sammy & dipping it into your stew! It gives you the whole experience!
Stay Cozy my friends,
Made with love, by Corie