Filet Mignon with a red wine mushroom sauce
The leanest & most tender steak of them all. Treat yourself with a Triple C filet dinner that will simply melt in your mouth.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb shiitaki mushrooms, stemmed & halved.
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- A few springs of fresh thyme.
- 1-2 Triple C Filet Mignon Steaks
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, I used a Red Zinfandel
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Crushed black pepper
- Salty Acres chili lime sea salt
- In a cast iron pan heat up 1 tbs butter & add Shiitaki mushrooms. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they have softened. Add shallots and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add Garlic & thyme springs. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook until fragrant.
- Set mushrooms aside in a bowl.
- Salt & pepper Filet Mignon & place in the same pan over medium to high heat. Add 1 tbs. butter & sear steaks 3-5 minutes on each side. I like to use the keep flipping technique on these beauties until i reach an internal temperature of 130°. Remove from heat & let rest for 5-8 minutes
- In the same pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 c. Red wine and boil for about 2-4 minutes. Add 1 c. beef broth & boil for another 5ish minutes.
- Add 1/2 c. cream & stir. Boil until the sauce is thickened.
- Add mushrooms back into sauce & mix.
- To serve pour mushroom sauce over steaks & enjoy this silky, buttery little slice of heaven.
Pair with your favorite glass of red wine, rosemary potatoes & balsamic asparagus to complete your perfect plate.
Thank you for sharing your Triple C Inspired meals with us.
Made with love, by Corie.