Hot Italian Sausage & Clams in a white wine sauce
Summer flavors & crisp white wine give me energy. This is a simple, light & flavorful dish that will take you just under an hour to prepare!
- 1lb Triple C Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 dozen Little Neck Clams ( I love Clam Daddy's)
- Olive Oil
- 1 chili pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. tomato, diced
- Generous amount of fresh thyme
- 1 pack Tallutos spaghettini (found at Triple C)
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- Slat & Pepper to taste
- A little butter
- Lemon, juiced & zested
- Fresh grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat olive oil in cast iron over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes until they are soft
- Remove sausage from casing
- Add the chili pepper & sausage & cook until sausage is browned
- Add white wine & clams; stir together
- Place tomatoes on top & sprinkle thyme, salt & pepper & place in the oven until the clams open up. About 10 minutes
- Boil 2c. water & cook Spaghettini as directed
- Remove Clam bake from oven & put over medium heat to thicken the sauce a bit!
- Drain Pasta & toss it into your cast iron
- Toss together with tongs
- Serve with grated cheese, broccolini & main street grain bread.
Refreshing & delicate this dish will let you taste the complexity of summer. I had fun making this & I hope you do too! Share your thoughts & tag us on social media, we would love to hear from you.
Made with love by Corie