Marinated Skirt Steak + Avocado Chimichurri
Tangy & fresh, this combination will leave you with no left-overs! Meaty flavors with citrus and herbs...why wouldn't you try this? Take a half hour from start to finish and come back for another Triple C Skirt Steak!
Marinated Triple C Skirt Steak: Marinate for at least 3 hours ( I did overnight)
- 1 Triple C Skirt Steak
- 1 tsp. course salt
- 1 tsp. course black pepper
- 2 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
Avocado Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 c. cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Some salt!
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Add Triple C Skirt Steak to a quart size zip-block
- Add all marinade ingredients to zip-block
- Seal, mix, and put in the fridge for 3+ hours
- In a food processor; add cilantro + garlic + salt + cumin + red pepper flakes and pulse about 6-8 times.
- Add red wine vinegar + olive oil and pulse another 5-6 times.
- Add chimichurri to a small bowl and mix avocado, set aside in the fridge.
When you are ready to cook your steak:
- Heat up your cast iron pan on medium to medium high heat
- Place Skirt steak and a little bit of the marinade to the cast iron.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, be sure not to over cook!
- Medium Rare is best for this cut!
- Remove from cast iron and let rest for 5 minutes
- Cut skirt steak against the grain & pour your chimichurri sauce over the top.
Devour this with, or without (haha), company!
Help us grow and tag us in your photos on Instagram and Facebook!