Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl
Crunchy, Tender & Juicy. This colorful dinner will hit all your senses. This healthy dish will take you 30 minutes time & honestly, you may not have any leftovers, its that good!
- 2-4 Triple C Pork Cutlets
- 1 egg, beat.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. bread crumbs ( I make my own but panko works great!)
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- 2 tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. sesame seeds (optional)
- A few shakes of red pepper flakes
- 1 c. brocoli
- 1 c. cauliflower ( I used purple because I just love color!)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp. butter - I love using our homemade compound butters
- 1 c. rice
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- A few Pickled radishes, sliced & a dab of tomato chutney ( all found in store!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste!
- Add butter to your pan & sauté shallots, broccoli & cauliflower together over medium heat until soft
- Add red pepper flakes to vegetables
- Meanwhile, cook rice per directions on package & add chicken broth for a little extra flavor.
- Put flour, breadcrumbs & egg in 3 separate bowls to dip cutlets in.
- Add olive oil to cast iron over medium-high heat.
- Coat pork cutlet in flour, then dip it in the egg & then coat with breadcrumbs & add to oil. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked to a medium.
- Repeat with each pork cutlet.
- When finished start to plate up! Add your rice to your bowl & drizzle sesame oil & soy sauce on top.
- Add a generous amount of your vegetable medley
- Slice cutlets in thin strips & place over rice.
- Add a spoon full of tomato chutney & finish with a few radishes.
- Top with a little more sesame oil & seeds if you choose!
- Finish with a little salt & pepper.
The simplicity of this dish also brings depths of flavor. Enjoy the soft crunch & let me know how you like it!
Made with love, by Corie.