Skirt Steak & Avocado Chimichurri
Rich beefy flavor with a bright citrusy finish, this is dinner made simple! I love when food makes me smile & this surely did it!
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbs. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tbs. cumin
- 1/4 c. Cardenas Lime olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lime zested.
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Skirt Steak Ingredients:
- 1 Triple C Skirt Steak
- Cardenas Lime Olive Oil
- Salty Acres Chili Lime Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- In a food processor combine garlic, cilantro, cumin & red pepper flakes. Pulse a few times.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar & lime juice; pulse about 5 more times until well mixed
- Add sauce to a bowl & add avocado, tomatoes & lime zest. Mix well and set aside.
- Pat skirt steak dry & heat up lime olive oil in your cast iron over medium high heat.
- Crack some chili lime salt and pepper on each side of your skirt steak
- Cook in cast iron about 4 minutes on each side until 130° or medium rare.
- Remove from heat & let rest for about 4-5 minutes
- Be sure to cut thin and against the grain to ensure tenderness.
- Top with Avocado chimichurri & voila!!
Seriously one of my favorite meals, I typically don't even make a side dish, however a fresh salad would compliment it nicely
Made with love, by Corie