The Coles Smash Burger
Add a little tang & twist to your traditional Smash Burger with a touch of pickle juice and the taste of our dry aged ground beef. True Story - I gave this to someone who doesn't like pickles and onions.....& they loved it!
- 2lb Triple C Angus Ground Beef (80%lean | 20%fat)
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher Salt
- Course ground pepper
- American Cheese, not the cheap stuff!
- Yellow Onion, sliced
- Jersey tomato, sliced
- Lettuce, shredded
- Dill pickles
- Clarified butter
- Your favorite burger bun!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 table spoons BBQ sauce (whatever you got)
- Dill pickles, minced
- A touch of dill pickle juice
- Combine & mix your sauce ingredients and set aside
- Combine Triple C ground beef with garlic + salt + pepper and work gently to mix
- Roll ground beef into 5-6oz balls
- Heat up your cast iron to hot with a little butter
- Add burgers to cast iron & smash down as much as you can with a spatula
- Add your onions to the pan and sauté until clear
- Pour some clarified butter over each burger
- Let sit for about 3-4 minutes (you'll see the edges getting crispy!) then flip once
- When flipping, flip each burger onto a few slices of onions
- Immediately add American Cheese on each burger
- Cook for about 2-3 more minutes & remove from cast iron.
Build it | Plate it & eat your heart out!
- Smear the secret sauce onto your bun, add smash burger + onion
- Top with Shredded lettuce + sliced tomato + dill pickles