Flank Steak Salad
Dry Aged Flank steak with a little asian style twist. Simple, full of bright & fresh flavors, finished with a little spice.
Flank Steak Marinade:
- Lime Zest
- Lime Juice
- Peeled & Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce
- 2-3 Tbs. Sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Thai chili, minced
- A touch of course pepper
- Himalayan Salt
Marinate up to 3 hours or overnight!
Flank Steak & Salad
- 1 Triple C Flank Steak
- Mixed Greens
- Red Cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded or chopped small
- 1 cucumber, peeled & diced small
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh Basil, minced
- Fresh Mint, minced
- Fresh Cilantro, minced
- 1lb thick noodles ( I use whatever I have in the house!)
- Whisk all marinade ingredients in a bowl and spoon half of it out and set aside ( It will become a little dressing for the whole meal)
- Score the Flank Steak on both sides in a crosshatch pattern (shallow cuts)
- Place marinade and Flank Steak in a zip block bag or shallow dish and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare cast iron or grill to medium-hot
- Remove steak from marinade and add to your cast iron or grill
- Discard excess marinade
- Cook Flank Steak 3-4 minutes on each side, only flipping once
- Remove from heat & pan & let rest for 5 minutes
- Boil Water & add noodles until fork tender, then drain.
- Cut the Flank Steak thin against the grain
- Assemble Salad items in a bowl
- On individual plates add noodles, layer on the salad, and top with Flank Steak.
- Finish with a little of the remaining marinade you have set aside.
Serve immediately and let us know how it is by leaving a review or tagging us on Instagram or Facebook!